Healthy Christmas Cookies
Preparation time: 45′
Baking time: 20′-25′
Ingredients mixture 1 :
-400gr of fresh orange juice
– 400gr of Virgilliant Silky Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-50gr of brown powdered sugar
-1/2 tea spoon of clove
-3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
-1 teaspoon of baking soda
-grated orange (from 2 oranges)
Ingredients mixture 2:
-1kg of wholegrain flour
-200gr of semolina
Ingredients for the syrup:
-500gr of water
-800gr brown sugar
-3 cinnamon sticks
-1 orange cut in two pieces
-200gr of honey
Step by step…
1. Place all the syrup ingredients, except of the honey, in a pot and boil for about 5 minutes, in order sugar to be melted.
2. Remove the pot from fire and add the honey.
3. We apply that stage 3 hours before we start with the dough, in order our syrup to chill.
4. Preheat the electric stove applying temperature of 200 degrees.
5. Put all the mixture 1 ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a blender.
6. After that, add the mixture 2 ingredients into the bowl and mix, just in order to make your dough uniform.
7. Form the cookies in small size (about 25gr each one) and bake for about 20-25 minutes until our cookies are starting to change color.
8. Take out the cookies and immediately put them one by one into the syrup, for about 10 seconds each one.
9. When finish the whole procedure add grated walnuts in the top.
Total saturated: 0.67g
Α desert for Christmas with many healthy benefits:
– High amount of fiber thanks to wholegrain flour
– Rich in vitamins
– Very low amount of fat and of which, most is monounsaturated
– Less calories than a typical cookie